Flashing headscratcher...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, this has been an excellent resource. I'm posting for the first time (please go easy)

We have a conservatory (south facing) with interlocking profile tiles. A cover flashing was applied on roof construction with no soaker or hidden gutter. The lead did not extend the required min of 150mm and conservatory was suffering from water getting in whenever a southerly wind. Due to cost the length of cover flashing was increased with a Flashband type product to around 220mm. This has helped however when strong southerly winds rain is still getting in. I can extend Flashband further as at present it doesn't extend over a full interlock section - however this would be approx 300mm which might look odd. I could have soaker installed but likely need lead all replaced at same time as Flashband is now fixing it down (1k +) . As leaks only occur once or twice a year when conditions are perfect I don't particularly want to spend thousands. One option was to try expandable foam underneath the rafter... ? Any thoughts welcome. I will try to post a pic. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20201101_083020.jpg
    IMG_20201101_083020.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 291
Sponsored Links
You don't need a soaker with a profiled tile like yours
You appear to be over the highest profile of the tile from what I can make out
Is the original flashing turned into the wall it looks suspect

Sponsored Links
Thanks both, will take a look at chase. Window seemed OK as water is getting in all the way along the house join (not just under windows).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back