Flashing with Ubbink Ubiflex

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am ok on most things but correctly installing the flashing to my new porch is worrying me slightly. I can't quite get my head around how I form the detail where the flashing meets at the apex of the chase in the brickwork and how I weatherproof it from this highest point down to the tiles.

and a bit closer

I am looking at using Ubbink Ubiflex as opposed to lead as I already have a couple of rolls of this, but it is thicker than lead at about 6-7mm thick.

Could anyone explain in laymans terms how I should correctly form the flashing detail at the apex or better still, upload a sketch or a step by step guide as to how it should be formed.

The roof will eventually be covered in plain concrete roof tiles and the brickwork is to be rendered. In relation the the top of the flashing where it turns into the brickwork, where should the bellcast be positioned and how should it be fixed. I assume that clout nailing it through the flashing should be avoided.

Many thanks in advance.

Mr M

Sponsored Links
This doesnt answer your question,but if it was me i'd leave that stuff in the garage/shed/cupboard or stick it on flea bay......and buy some lead!
Just a personal preference plus lead will be a better finish,easier to use and last for years.

you will require 6" x 6" bent soakers at the wall-tile abutment, one for every course.

then all you need is a cover step flashing at 1500mm long (max), with 150mm lap where necessary.

This doesnt answer your question,but if it was me i'd leave that stuff in the garage/shed/cupboard or stick it on flea bay......and buy some lead!
Just a personal preference plus lead will be a better finish,easier to use and last for years.

Ubiflex is g/teed for 15 years and we install nothing else in London nowdays, work it the same as lead, but don't forget the joint tape. Rapidflash from Monier is lead coloured and works as well.

LM sealant as well.

Sponsored Links
At the apex you'll need a saddle this can be knocked up out of a piece of 240 mm C4 lead. (still by far better than any other product if fitted correctly)
Go to one of the lead sites ..Calder etc and you find details there.

Ps pitch looks very flat for plain tiles....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back