Flat Pack Shelf Fixings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this is the right place but seems to fit best here.

I am looking for some flat pack furniture shelf fittings - I first came across them on a Homebase kitchen larder unit about 5 years ago. They have screws that attach into the side of the unit and then a plastic fixing that pushes into a pre routed oval in the base of the shelf. The shelf then pushes onto the screws in the side of the unit and helps to keep the whole thing square and together. I had some spare that I used on an Ikea unit that wan't holding together very well and it did an amazing job.

Now I need some more but can't find them for love or money - wondered if anyone can help or suggest an alternative. The ones on the Ikea unit I have now keep failing and the shelf dropping!

Sorry no photo's available.

Sponsored Links
I got something similar, they are all metal and screw into the cabinet sides, they have a peg and I drilled holes in the shelves.

They are rather like this. I made mine a tight fit in the shelf holes. You can use a no-more-nails type adhesive if you want.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-SHELF-...228699?hash=item5d343ad25b:g:o4QAAOSwBadTrCCa

I found that cookery and other books tend to push the sides apart. Tall cabinets needed at least one fixed shelf near the middle, but 1/3rd up and down is safer. I think I bought a pack of 50 from somewhere like Woodfit.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Thanks for that - the issue is that the shelf that I need to use already has a routered out oval in it, basically the fixings from Ikea have failed and I wanted to replace them with these others!

look for "glass shelf supports" which are sometimes made to fit an oval.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back