Flat Roof: Converting Cold Deck to Warm Deck

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Would really appreciate any experienced view on an approximate price range to convert a 9m2 ‘cold deck’ flat room to an EPDM 'warm deck’.

The roof is in good structural condition but I’ve been informed by a surveyor that this should be upgraded to a warm deck standard.

I'm working on the assumption this would mean stripping right back to the joists with new boards, membranes and insulation added.

I’ve attached a couple of pictures. Any thoughts would be highly appreciated…

Many thanks!

Attachments

• 1205-059.jpg
    1205-059.jpg
    488.2 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_1425.jpg
    IMG_1425.jpg
    451.7 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_1432.jpg
    IMG_1432.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 238
Sponsored Links
Why does it need changing?

A conversion may require planning permission if raised too much

Thanks that's helpful, had not considered the potential for additional planning reqs to raise slightly. The 1970s roof was recovered in 2018 by the current owner. There are some moderate damp issues originating from the roof and my surveyor is suggesting that it should have been converted to a warm deck when it was replaced, in line with building control standards. So I'm trying to gauge 1. whether the people that recovered the roof ignored modern standards/controls 2. roughly how big a job this is to rectify (££). It's a fairly small roof section over a 3x3 utility room. Many thanks.

It can be a cold roof and vented as part of the garage roof. There was no requirement to make it a warm roof

Any leaks from a roof two years old should be able to be repaired, not the whole roof replaced. Are there leaks or is it a condensation issue?

You need to get [at least three] quotes for any prices, no-one here can give a meaningful quote unless they live by you, are flat roofers and are prepared to do the work and will stand by whatever figure they mention on here.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back