Flat roof on shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That shed has a plywood flat roof that needs to be weatherproofed
I have been awarded the contract on the basis I am married to the shed owners daughter,you can't believe how lucky I am ,eh?
On a more practical note I know sweet fa about roofs apart from watching people cover them over the years
Apart from divorce ( which might be cheaper in the long run) can anyone stop laughing long enough to type a few words of help or advice as regards materials or techniques to employ
I am used to working at height and have access to a blowtorch and small gas bottle ( about the same size as a Henry). I don't mean my Rothenberger I use for soldering
This is a serious request and not an early April fools/ wind up
Thanks in advance and merry xmas

Sponsored Links
Hah- the joy of families. Is the roof actually flat or does it have a fall?

If it's truly flat then GRP might be a good bet. Easy enough to do and no worries about setting the place on fire with the blowtorch. Doing the edges would be annoyingly pricey with stock trims though.

If it's got a fall then you'd get away with shed felt from wherever, some 3/4" clout nails and some battens round the edges to stop the felt flapping in the wind and form a bit of a drip edge. If you need to join the felt, make sure the join is across the fall line (so water from the top sheet will naturally descend onto the lower sheet and away).

Cheers guys
It's about 8 ft x 6 ft with a slope. Construction is 18 mm new plywood .
I'll have a look at Epdm on google. I never considered nailing roofing felt on as I thought it would not be strong enough for a longer lasting job
I just assumed I would be fixing something with a blowtorch like I've seen on extensions or small sites

Sponsored Links
Where in staffs? Our supplier is in North Birmingham and they have an EPDM fitter not far from staffs, we've used him 80 a day cash and he could do that roof piece of cake.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back