Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, all

Side elevation
Flat Roof Extension Drawing-Layout3-1.png

Rear elevation
Flat Roof Extension Drawing-Layout2-1.png

I have drawn the Fascia board on the Flat Roof level all around. Is this correct?
Also most Flat roofs I see don't have an overhang.
I have a 250mm overhang, is this ok? Are there restrictions to having one?
Does my kerb edge trim and guttering plan seem feasible?

Side elevation detail
Flat Roof Extension Drawing-Layout1-1.png

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Various things wrong , get somebody to draw some proper architectural working drawings.

I don't think the drawings are that bad.

A few things.

Be aware that that monster fascia depth is going to look even worse in real life. It could be designed out and look more pleasing

The section is wrong. You have sectioned the roof and the main house, and that's wrong and confusing - you are showing the roof over-hanging into the kitchen.

The insulated soffit has been discussed previously

The window head needs to align with the existing door head. Also, it's actually at a different height on the elevation and section

Overhanging soffits are good as they protect the walls below. It's a design choice, but yours are OK

Something about the proportions do not seem correct. It does not look 4.3m and 5m wide and then 4.6m high

@Leofric

I'd like to do my own drawings if possible, because I'm in no rush for the project, and I have the free time, it's fun and it really is a great learning experience. That does mean I have to do it right, and i'm not one to give up because hesitation is defeat. So could you go over some of your points? Is it the general idea or some notable points or some minute discrepancies? Thank you.

Sponsored Links
@^woody^

Thanks for the info.
Here some additional images for a more understanding.

Existing Rear Elevation
Flat Roof Extension Drawing-Layout5-1.png

Existing Side Elevation
Flat Roof Extension Drawing-Layout6-1.png

Existing Ground Floor Plan

Flat Roof Extension Drawing-Layout7.png

Proposed Ground Floor Plan

Flat Roof Extension Drawing-Layout4-1.png

The section is wrong. You have sectioned the roof and the main house, and that's wrong and confusing - you are showing the roof over-hanging into the kitchen.

If i'm under standing you comment correctly, the reason I have sectioned the roof is to make the inside of the Proposed Kitchen flush from the existing outer leaf to the new inner leaf blocks.

The insulated soffit has been discussed previously

Most people recommend Insulating them to the full such as

Skip to 4:25

and

Skip to 2:30

The window head needs to align with the existing door head. Also, it's actually at a different height on the elevation and section

Do you mean align the window to to this red line?

Flat Roof Extension Drawing-Layout8.png

Something about the proportions do not seem correct. It does not look 4.3m and 5m wide and then 4.6m high

Not sure, everything is drawn in model space 1:1 scale.

Thanks again.

If i'm under standing you comment correctly, the reason I have sectioned the roof is to make the inside of the Proposed Kitchen flush from the existing outer leaf to the new inner leaf blocks.
No the drawing is wrong. A section cut would never cut the roof like that and the main house wall. It's one or the other. Draw the section cut line on the plan and see .

"Most" people would not insulate soffits like that. They wouldn't because it's unnecessary and bad design. I'm not sure who these "most" people are, but it's no good just copying something that is crap.

Yes to the door and window head.

Is it the general idea or some notable points or some minute discrepancies?
incorrect building construction details such as no insulated cavity closers, door and window frame positions wrong in relation to vertical dpc, rwp with right angle bend,too many rwp and gutter clips ,2m high void ?,heights on section don't appear to correspond with heights on elevations,scale should correspond with figured dimensions,no guarding to stairs,guarding to deck appears too low.
-- on plan -hob next to door ,should be some workspace both sides of hob,door swing into shower room wrong- traps you in corner,how do you walk past wc - no space in front of wc ,pitch of stairs appears too steep ,tread and riser proportions !
door swing out on to landing space unacceptable, is it a rwp or svp on plan? one pipe connects to 2 inspection chambers or drain runs from manhole to pipe and out again to another inspection chamber ! new extension will require a rwp and svp , both can't connect to same drain unless it is a combined drainage system, double doors from ding opening out over new external door to kitchen not ideal, window position in wall on plan doesn't correspond with section and both wrong in relation to vertical dpc , new stairs elevation doesn't correspond with plan .Other things as mentioned by others already.
That's enough for now. You're fired.
ps 'Not sure, everything is drawn in model space 1:1 scale' - that is why proportions should be correct if information entered properly.
'If i'm under standing you comment correctly, the reason I have sectioned the roof is to make the inside of the Proposed Kitchen flush from the existing outer leaf to the new inner leaf blocks' - the drawing requires one section of the new extension through the existing rear wall of the existing house and one section through the rear wall of the new extension.

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back