Flat to Pitch roof costing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

so i'm now permanently home based (work wise) which means one of our rooms has become my office. It's ok but to be honest I need to be further away to get some peace and quiet :)

a portion of our house has a flat roof - including the garage.

I was wondering about the potential (of course i'd seek professional advice for the actual work and on site feasibility but this is just an easier place to discuss the idea to start)

So, thought is, to change the current flat roof in the garage for a pitched roof - the garage is 9mx3m, I don't park a car in there, the front 3m is my workshop, the rear 6m is our games room, so having the ability to use essentially a second storey as my office would be fantastic - If it's possible and I can gain enough headroom especially with the width being quite narrow.

So - £/m2 for a flat to pitch conversion? roughly?

Sponsored Links
Are you saying you want to stick a pitched roof on a single storey garage and use the loft space created for your office?

pretty much, I mean there will be more to it, but essentially yes.

The garage is attached to the main house so it's not a standalone thing, but in essense yep. Loft space would be my office.

Sponsored Links
Unless you are in The Shires, you need a first floor extension not a conversion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back