Flavel Welcome Fire repeatedly failing spillage tests, Help!

where do you test on these? is it a specific tube in which you place the smoke match holder, or just under the canopy above the radiants etc.I only ask as I am aware of a minor issue where the test points on a certian fire can become blocked causing spillage test failwhere flue pull is fine.

Sponsored Links
I am gas safe registered and procedures were followed, as the installation is currently safe and regs have been followed. I carry out more installation work than fault finding and was simply looking for advice and other fitters opinions, typical straight away of some big head to give me a smart a**e reply, which by the way, is probably putting genuine people who want answers to genuine problems off coming to these sites in the first place.

And thanks kevplumb, will do so

i dont know this fire, but first thing to check is whether it is suitable to be fitted in pre cast flue, a lot aren't, cleaning a pre cast flue is difficult but not impossible, onl thing is to try it retest and see what happens, if you get it clear and passing spillage recommend a good CO alarm because it it chokes up again you will get more spillage

Yes I have checked the MI and it is suitable for pre cast flues

Disconnect the flue pipe in the loft and drop a canvas or cloth bag with loosly packed nails down the flue, done this loads of times to get rid of the spiders webs.

Try the fire at a lower setting just to see if it passes, then full on, it is possible it has never passed a spillage test properly so be prepared for the fact it might never be safe ! pre casts are notorious.

Sponsored Links
U may have tried this but is there a spigot restrictor on the back of the fire (the part that enters the hole in the closure plate). I have been caught out with that many a time, may need removing. Also is the ridge tile a 4 sided one? May need "upgrading" to one if not. Possibly fit an aspirator (spinning cowl, flue pipe needed).

Hope this helps.

RS

I have a flavel inset fire and believe that a part has been removed. Do you have a simlar one? under the decorative outer fitting is there a dark casing fitted over the fire. Calibre kinder, revolution, verine and alpena have similar fittings. can you please discribe it?

I have a flavel inset fire and believe that a part has been removed. Do you have a simlar one? under the decorative outer fitting is there a dark casing fitted over the fire. Calibre kinder, revolution, verine and alpena have similar fittings. can you please discribe it?

Er, stacey, this post is nearly a year old, and the OP's fire isn't an inset anyway. But, welcome.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back