Flex around boiler flow pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My gas fitter wrapped the boiler isolator cable around the flow pipe of the boiler that gets hot.
Although it only gets hot up to 60c isn’t that a bad practice for damaging the outer sheath of the cable ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 100
Sponsored Links
Probably ok if it’s heat resistant flex (which it should be).

agreed. it is not good practice and any decent pro would avoid it as a matter of course,. providing it is heat resist cable you should be ok with the odd wind or so .

1685270115990.png

I wouldn't call that "wrapped around" but -

if you are concerned move the cable so that it is in front of the pipe and loose.

Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
If you move the cable, you can put some lagging round the pipe to prevent direct contact. This will also reduce heat wastage.

I agree with John, kill two birds with one stone, lag the pipes to keep them warm(er)

taylor, is that my pic of a warm front job? lol. i put the holes and cables in position on the correct zones and the blighters took the chipboard back up and hacked the joists for their pipework. when connecting they splattered my twin and earth with solder blobs too. they repeated this shambles on every joist too. you could not make it up :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back