Flexible shaft-extension for drill.

Sponsored Links
20 QUID!!! You know it's just cheap tat from China?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184671413645

I've got one in a drawer somewhere, never use it. It can't transfer any kind of meaningful torque it just wants to twist up on itself.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Use one of these, much better. surprisingly good bit of kit.

bosch-angle-driver-gwi-10-8v-li-body-only-p1484-5283_zoom.jpg

NOTE - just a DIYer NOT Trade
i have a flexible attachment , doesn't bend that much - works OK for slight angles, mine only works on a normal drill chuck - NOT Impact , i purchased from toolstation or screwfix for a £5
BUT i have also used this a few times, given as an xmas present from FFX
https://www.ffx.co.uk/product/Get/D...ct-Rated-Right-Angle-Drill-Bit-Holder--8-Bits

Long story, but i now use this almost all the time for difficult right angle jobs
https://www.screwfix.com/p/dewalt-d...kkD41n70j7OTRGABNhgaAl8YEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

had this on my list for a while now
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01KZ0W...olid=1UQXK3AIKKSCS&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I have something similar to the one the OP is talking about, it rarely gets used because it is a PIA to use. Mine is a Trend Snappy one and cost less than the OP's one (about £15). I doubt it was worth it

I have something similar to the one the OP is talking about, it rarely gets used because it is a PIA to use. Mine is a Trend Snappy one and cost less than the OP's one (about £15). I doubt it was worth it

So how do you get screws in/out of awkward places?

So how do you get screws in/out of awkward places?
A variety of ways. First thing is long bit holders (150 and 300mm) which often allow me to use the cam out feature of Pozi head screws - and they are cheap (look for Mileaukee or Saxton brands).
milwaukee-4932472065-shockwave-magnetic-bit-holder-152mm-pid42211_3.jpg

I also have a couple of extra long screwdrivers (CK brand, PZD#1 and PZD#2). Next, I have a Trend Snappy offser driver - a sort of bit holder with a universal joint in it.
snap_ofld.jpg

Then, if that doesn't work, I have a Makita angle impact driver, generally used with 50mm long bits.
makdtl061z1.jpg

20210414_120816.jpg

Whilst mine (above) is hardly pristine, the fact that with a 50mm bit in it I can get it into an 85 to 90mm deep space (below) is very handy at times. With a 32mm bit you'd get another 18mm to play with (72 to 80mm gap)
20210414_120803.jpg

And finally (normally only in kitchens) I have a little 12 volt Milwaukee drill with exchangeable chucks, including a right angle head and an offset head.

TBH I rarely need the Milwaukee drill because the other three techniques generally do the trick, either singly or in combination. In fact the first two generally save the day. I've tried low cost angle drive heads, but find that they aren't particularly robust,whilst the flexible shaft type extensions are difficult to use for screwing, won't allow much torque (so you are limited to shorter, thinner screws - no good for 5.0 x 100s!) and are almost impossible to control safely when drilling

Last edited by a moderator:
£3.75 on Amazon

I've had a similar one from a pound store for over 20 years

71EixfeztXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This looks amazing, it apparently enables you to put screws in around corners etc. Is this too good to be true? Anyone use one?

Jeff, you have trouble putting a nut on a bolt, how on earth will you be able to screw around a corner.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back