Floating oak beam - bent supporting screws

Looks like a resin anchor to me (including some resin still on the threads, so it wasn't well installed IMHO - and BTW it was installed wrong way round because the square should be at the outer end so you can get an adjustable spanner onto it). Best replaced, although for non-structural work threaded metric rod will do the job just as well. Needs the holes on the wall to be redrilled (2mm bigger diameter than the threaded bar) and new resin squirted in

I think that is plaster they dropped on the thread, I could be wrong though.

So I'm clear, I can straighten up the bolts, drill new holes and then fix it in place with with the resin?

Sponsored Links
Don't attempt to straighten them - it rarely works - just replace. Other than that, yes, but please note what I wrote above. It isn't complex, but you do need to avoid being slipshod when you do these things.

Thanks JobAndKnock. I'm just using the fittings that are supplied with the shelves, this is what they send you :

upload_2021-11-21_13-35-41.png

They're only small shelves, won't hold any weight so should be ok.

OP, soz didn't mean to hijack yr thread :)

Terry

Attachments

• upload_2021-11-21_12-18-26.png
    upload_2021-11-21_12-18-26.png
    451.2 KB · Views: 65
You don’t use rail plugs with resin.
Rawl plugs expand as the screw goes in
Resin “glues” the rod in place

drill the hole and vacuum the dust out. You need a good hole for the resin to soak in and then be squished out as the rod goes in
You are not replying to OP , idiot has been confusing everyone .

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back