Floor and wall details

Sponsored Links
Vapour barriers have nothing to do with damp, but everything to do with prevention of condensation. If you are lining a wall like that, then why aren't you insulating it between the battens? That would stop condensation.

Sponsored Links
Vapour barriers have nothing to do with damp, but everything to do with prevention of condensation. If you are lining a wall like that, then why aren't you insulating it between the battens? That would stop condensation.
Not doing it for damp reasons.
I am using VLC to prevent condensation, just not sure where the condensation might appear.
Are you telling me that I must also insulate to prevent condensation and the vapor barrier will not be enough on its own?

I am battening straight onto brick party walls and external walls in a ground floor room in a terraced house. Also, I am battening a concrete floor to level it with an existing floor in the same room.
On the net that I read somewhere that if you create a void, it can become a cold void so you need to use a VLC.

Does that make it any clearer?

But what is on this party wall now, and the other walls? And why are you battening and boarding like that - what are you trying to achieve?

Why not insulate? Why not bond and skim? Why not dot and dab?

I am battening straight onto brick party walls and external walls in a ground floor room in a terraced house. Also, I am battening a concrete floor to level it with an existing floor in the same room.
On the net that I read somewhere that if you create a void, it can become a cold void so you need to use a VLC.

Does that make it any clearer?
But what is on this party wall now, and the other walls? And why are you battening and boarding like that - what are you trying to achieve?

Why not insulate? Why not bond and skim? Why not dot and dab?

The walls are back to brick, not saying no to insulating.
Batoning floor to bring up to level of another floor in same room

Battening a concrete floor is a bit mental. Simply bring it up in screed or insulation plus screed if you have enough room. Its simpler and removes any condensation risk.

Battening a concrete floor is a bit mental. Simply bring it up in screed or insulation plus screed if you have enough room. Its simpler and removes any condensation risk.

Note sure I agree with "bit mental", and there is nothing simple about screeding if you haven't done it before!.

Rightly then.

You won't need a vapour barrier in this situation, party wall or external

As you have solid walls, you might as well insulate while messing about with this.

Rightly then.

You won't need a vapour barrier in this situation, party wall or external

As you have solid walls, you might as well insulate while messing about with this.

Is there a particular insulation that would suit this job?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back