Floor protection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got the freezer standing in the dining room - (not the original idea, but there's no space for it in the kitchen 'till some alterations are made.)

This means it's standing on some rather expensive wood flooring, so was wondering if there's such a thing as a suitable tray 600 x 600 for it to stand on?

Bit concerned about condensation or anything dripping onto the floor.

Anyone come across anything on the market suitable?

Sponsored Links
Thanks fidom.
Probably a bit more than I was hoping to pay though :eek:

A bit industrial as well.

Might just use a piece of ply to show up any damp, and keep our eyes on it.

How about some spare carpet under the ply? you may need enough to cover enough of the the floor where the door opens and for items goin in and out too.

not too protective of liquids I know.

Sponsored Links
Ended up cutting a 600mm square piece of hardboard, rounded the corners a put it upside down so any moisture will be absorbed in the soft side. It would soon be apparent if it was wet I think.
And coincidentally it's the same colour as the flloor so hardely noticeable . . . . . . . . . and cheap !

;)

Ended up cutting a 600mm square piece of hardboard, rounded the corners a put it upside down so any moisture will be absorbed in the soft side. It would soon be apparent if it was wet I think.
And coincidentally it's the same colour as the flloor so hardely noticeable . . . . . . . . . and cheap !

;)

Not sure if the hardboard is still working but i'd recommend getting to waterproof plastic sheeting under the hardboard. try this

http://www.protection.co.uk/products/tekgard-tk100-floor-protection-polythene-sheeting/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back