floor sanding small room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a study 220x270 cm an I'm intending to sand the floor. I've done this before but am wondering would it be possible to do the whole room with an hand held sander (about 350w) . Obviously I'd use a drum sander on a bigger surfurce but if I don't have top hire one and lug it up 3 flights of stairs I'd be happy.

thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links
heeellloo nodrog and welcome :D :D :D
if your floor is very even a hand held orbital sander [oblong pad moving in orbits] will do the job
but the fact the belt sander and edging sander will take a few hours
and your sander will take a day or two [if it lasts that long]

if your floor is uneven like most are it will take you an aditional hour or so with the propper stuff and another couple off days with your own

ooo and dont forget the dozen sanding sheets for you sander ;)

big-all said:
if your floor is uneven like most are it will take you an aditional hour or so with the propper stuff and another couple off days with your own

ooo and dont forget the dozen sanding sheets for you sander ;)
2.2 m by 2.7 meter with proper stuff = 3 small steps forward with beltsander, 3 steps back. Most will have to be done with proper edge sander and will take as much time as the original suggestions.
(Small areas - the smallest we have done is 10 sq m - installing herringbone - and took lot of kneeling work, so not our favourite :LOL: :LOL: )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back