Floor spec help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, below is the spec for my floor base in my outbuilding that needs to be put in that BC have signed off.
Can someone convert it to English so when talking to builders I know what I'm talking about.
I know there is a base and insulation and dm but architect talk is above me

Ground Floor slab construction:

to be 75mm sand / cement screed on polythene, 500 gauge seperating layer over 75mm xtratherm hyfloor insulation with 25mm perimeter insulation of the same over 1200 gauge visqueen DPM or similar approved on 150mm C35 cast concrete slab reinforced with A252 mesh with min 35mm top cover over 200mm well compacted type 2 sub base.

Cheers all

Sponsored Links
To be fair, any builder should understand that, if he doesn't then don't employ him. That is a perfectly acceptable note.

Anyway

In layers from the top down:

1) 75mm sand / cement screed
2) sheet of thin polythene, 500 gauge (that's the thickness) this prevents any screed from seeping into the gaps between the insulation boards)
3) 75mm xtratherm hyfloor insulation
4) 25mm perimeter insulation of the same (ie xtratherm hyfloor insulation) this is a vertical strip that goes around the outside of the screed to prevent cold from getting into the screed from the blockwork of the inner skin)
4) 1200 gauge (that's the thickness again) visqueen (Visqueen is a manufacturer but can be any make provided its 1200 gauge) DPM (damp proof membrane)
5) 150mm C35 cast concrete slab reinforced with A252 mesh (this is just a metal mesh reinforcement) with min 35mm top cover (that's the gap between the top of the slab and the mesh)
6) 200mm well compacted type 2 sub base (this is hardcore)

or

rigid-polyisocyanurate-foam-insulation-panel-for-floors-62174-1637491.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back