floor tiles in shower inclosure???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have A bunch of slate floor tiles given me for free and want to use them in my shower inclosure and around the bath and sink. is it posible to do this?? im going to use some sort of backing board to stick them too but would i need to seal the slate a sits pourous?? or is it fine to leave?? hope some one can help

eddy

Sponsored Links
hi i have A bunch of slate floor tiles given me for free and want to use them in my shower inclosure and around the bath and sink. is it posible to do this?? im going to use some sort of backing board to stick them too but would i need to seal the slate a sits pourous?? or is it fine to leave?? hope some one can help

eddy

seal the tiles, personally i would give them a couple of coats. Seal before putting down, then seal once they are down, but thats only my way of doing it

Sponsored Links
you will want a penetrating sealer.
i prefer aquamix products,but there is also..hg/lithofin/fila products.
imo stay away from the sheds,i dont know what sort of sealers they sell,better to stick to a tile retailer/shop.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back