floor under laminated flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I took the carpet up and found a hole at the hallway close to the front door, I guess it used to have a door mat there.

Because I need to make the floor level before putting laminated flooring in, I filled the hole with cement+sand+paper. I used a long piece of wood to level it, so it is the same level as the rest of the floor. This means to move the wood long way down from one end of the hole to other.

Now it's dry and it is more or less the same level as the rest of floor but it's not very smooth. Does it matter? i'm using cheapy underlay. They are only 1mm thick. Would it be ok? Should I put 2 underlay on that area? or should I make it smooth? How do I make it smooth?

By the way, I have great difficulty getting the flooring to fit the door way. There are 5 doors at this hallway. I've done 4 already and 1 to go. What I've done is cutting the flooring into 2 pieces before putting them under the door frame. I'm sure there is a better way to do it. The last doorway is the front door and I want it look good. Any suggestion?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back