Wooden flooring under front door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a question about laying engineered floor in my small hallway by the front door. The flooring is 18mm engineered wood and I've already laid it throughout the rest of the downstairs. The hallway is currently tiled and these are staying in place as it provides the correct level for the new flooring to transition into the lounge. Obviously I can shorten the front door to clear the new flooring height - my question is what would be the normal way to finish the flooring under the threshold? Outside the front door I have a concrete plinth that is flush with the level of the existing tiles, with a bog standard weather strip bridging the threshold - obviously once I've added 18mm to this height there will be a step down at this point. Is there something on the market that can act as a 'ramp' and a weather strip? Or do I need to construct something bespoke? I need a way of preventing water ingress into the edge surface of the new flooring and beyond... Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I have a question about laying engineered floor in my small hallway by the front door. The flooring is 18mm engineered wood and I've already laid it throughout the rest of the downstairs. The hallway is currently tiled and these are staying in place as it provides the correct level for the new flooring to transition into the lounge. Obviously I can shorten the front door to clear the new flooring height - my question is what would be the normal way to finish the flooring under the threshold? Outside the front door I have a concrete plinth that is flush with the level of the existing tiles, with a bog standard weather strip bridging the threshold - obviously once I've added 18mm to this height there will be a step down at this point. Is there something on the market that can act as a 'ramp' and a weather strip? Or do I need to construct something bespoke? I need a way of preventing water ingress into the edge surface of the new flooring and beyond... Thanks.

You need an exitex mobility threshold with ramp

make sure you get an open in threshold -they have drainage holes where required for such a door configuration

https://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk...-ramp-1000mm-inward-opening-doors-gold-696770

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back