Flue integrity test

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a gas safety inspection, how long have manufacturers required a flue integrity test?

Sponsored Links
Any flued appliance should have the flue integrity inspected / tested.

One of the most basic requirements of the GSIUR and has been for a long time.

As in fitting a fga to the intake test point (if boiler has one) and checking for anomalous readings?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the response. I cover all aspects of plumbing and heating including oil and renewables, I can do a whole year of oil and bathrooms etc without touching gas, I've always carried out tests on the inlet where possible, I was interested about when it came in as standard

I get the installer mag but it's not always the font of knowledge and the most interesting read either, so maybe I miss stuff some times, re registered a month back after a gap of 8 months and was asked about a flue integrity test with an fga. So was curious, never had a a complaint or problem since 1997

As already said it you want to chat about gas join the CC.

This is non specific stuff, no one will read this and fix a boiler on their tod.

Are you telling me a bloke or gal off the street will read this, buy a £500 flue gas analyser and test their flue integrity ?

Think you've missed my point by a country mile, I was talking specifically about testing the incoming air on boilers that have an inlet test point on the flue

I've been using flas 5 years before they became mandatory

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back