Integrity test & vertical flues

Sponsored Links
He is being a little loose with his definitions which is surprising for someone with so many years of practical experience!

In reply to his question, in occupied and thus CH houses they are at the 21 C background temperature and so no problem would be expected.

In empty and cold houses the usual instruction to run the appliance for five minutes would usually be extended to 10-15 minutes if you asked the manufacturer.

I went to one yesterday which I ( and the owner ) were worried about! It passed fine. But not the Netaheat that he thought was OK which had a leaking case seal!

Tony

Haven't you just had an issue with a vertical flue?

Sponsored Links
I have, but that was a coaxial flue, poor Richard is no longer able to read in that area.

Unfortunately, no one has come up with any possible cause. Ideal tech have not heard of it either!

Just makes me wonder what I have done to deserve something like that!

Tony

Go on humour me richard how are you integrity testing a standard vertical flue ?

O2 ?

Best to look for CO2 at the air inlet !

But just the same test on a vertical as a horizontal flue!

Tony

O2 ?

Best to look for CO2 at the air inlet !

But just the same test on a vertical as a horizontal flue!

Tony

CO 2 should be less than or equal to 0.2% in the air duct

O2 should be greater than or equal to 20.6% in the air duct

TB143 AFAIR

You can have a few percent of CO2 at the intake but that will have little effect on the amount of oxygen measured.

You can have a few percent of CO2 at the intake but that will have little effect on the amount of oxygen measured.

Testing integrity and getting correct readings are not the always the same richard .
Have seen many wrongly assembled flues give the right readings

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back