flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I have just had a Wocester greenstar 28 i boiler fitted. I have a question about the flue.
The flue comes through the bungalow roof.
I can see the flashing that fits into the tyles then a rubber gasket about 3 in long.

Then 3in of white flue,
before a joint then the rest of the flue is black.
A neighbour has same boiler and flue but no white showing and what appears to be a gasket around the area that is white on mine.
I have seen over 20 identical flues on our estate and not one has the white part showing at the bottom.

I have had someone from the company who fitted the system round and they said it's just that the flue was cut a bit long that is why the white bit is showing but it still would be ok and did not need altering.
Am I right to be concerned about this.
Hope you understand my descrition.
Regards J.

Sponsored Links
nothing to worry about, have seen black weather seals,grey weather saels

a bit of white flue showing is of no concern

It is a bit sloppy, but probably no real problem. If you are concerned about the safety of the whole installation, you can request GSR to send an inspector out. They are foc, impartial, and their report is binding. It might be an idea to do that anyway, as the WB-i series, and especially the junior-i series are amongst the preferred options of a lot of cowboys. Doesn't mean that all those are badly installed.

i think it is just lazy and nothing to worry about, however the bulk of a heating job is not seen, so the bits that are seen should be neat and tidy to give the customer some comfort that the whole install is right, ie pipes up to rads and boiler nice and neat, pipes under floor not so neat :oops:
so if one of the things you can see and comment on is lazy what will the rest be like? in general what is your impression of the install as a whole

Sponsored Links
Thank's for the replies,
I am happy with the interior work, The guys were fine and we are nice and warm !!.
I just found the flue a bit off putting as I said before, I have not seen another one that looks the same.
Hope I am not going to go around looking at flues for the rest of my life. :LOL:
Once again thank's for replies. regards J.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back