FLUING THROUGH SLATE TILED ROOF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last week I visited a terraced house which I went to to give a quote on installing a complete central heating system.
Where the owner wishes the boiler to be installed requires the flue to extend through the the slate tile roofing.

Having not carried out this particular job before, is there an easy method of cutting the the required diameter hole,(obviously this will be elliptical)
thus ensuring that the flue sealing plate will provide a water tight seal. Will a require any special tooling i.e slate ripper etc?
Do you necessarily need to strip out numerous tiles to satisfactorily complete the job in question, if so what would the correct procedure be?

Also could you inform me how access to the work area may be safetly accessed with a roof type ladder i.e. How ladders may be secured to ensure no nasty accidents?
Please note that I am a CORGI registered gas installer

Best
regards
DAV1D :confused:

Sponsored Links
there is a product on the market called a deck tight or their are other things available which can be purchased from either travis perkins or the builder centre / control centre /plumb centre they are very easy to use and do a good job as well as looking good :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back