fluorescent light acrylic diffuser replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
5 foot fluorescent light acrylic diffuser replacement,

My problem is not sure of the make of the 5 foot fitting.
Is there a site I might be able to look at whats on offer ?

Or can anything take the age/ heat stain out of the cover ?

I have tried a bleach solution with no affect.
Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I had two 8 foot twins in my garage and I took the plunge a while back and fitted Tornado anti-corrosives.

Fantastic pieces of kit! They are on for many hours each day (unless there is really bright sunlight, I need them on) and they have been reliable so far.

I know you do not want AC's inside the house, but they make other styles too.

https://www.superlecdirect.com/p-at...65-led-noncorrosive-2-x-35w-twin-fitting-6ft/

I have also had good experiences with Integral round LED bulkheads. Slim, great range of light outputs and good reliability so far.

I have poor eyesight and need a well-lit room and they are ideal. They are bit Travelodge-y, but they are only 40-45mm deep so not as bulky as others.

It will also be about double the lumen output per watt.
IME this is required for LED panels to begin to come anywhere near Fluo tubes.

In a workshop I used to work, management decided to fit a suspended ceiling and replaced 4ft fluo's with 600mm panels. Fortunately the old fittings were dumped in the scrap metal bin and one by one they were retrieved and hung from the grid to; A) provide enough light, B) Get rid of colour problems & C) get rid of the horrible shadows. I think it was about 16 LED panels replaced with about 6 4 & 5ft flou fittings. Light levels appeared to increase significantly, we could tell what colour wires we were working with & we could see inside the enclosures we were building.
Admittedly looking directly into the lights the LED's were blatently brighter, one of my simple tests is to see which light casts a shadow and directly under the panel, the lit Fluo did not userp the LED. So the LED is obviously brighter than the fluo but has a very directional downlight effect.

I'm not 'anti LED' by any means (I have a selection of LED flood lamps from 10w - 200W for portable/hire use) but despite the huge developements in recent years I think there's still some way to go.

I think this would look good in a kitchen with flouro lights and is likely to be a slightly larger footprint, so you wont have any "shadow" marks from the old fitting.

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MDSUR5LED.html

It will also be about double the lumen output per watt.

These look good for our kitchen as it's the end of an dining room extension, we were looking for a daylight tube to give a whiter light .

They even give a wiring diagram.
Certainly on my list to look at.

IME this is required for LED panels to begin to come anywhere near Fluo tubes.

In a workshop I used to work, management decided to fit a suspended ceiling and replaced 4ft fluo's with 600mm panels. Fortunately the old fittings were dumped in the scrap metal bin and one by one they were retrieved and hung from the grid to; A) provide enough light, B) Get rid of colour problems & C) get rid of the horrible shadows. I think it was about 16 LED panels replaced with about 6 4 & 5ft flou fittings. Light levels appeared to increase significantly, we could tell what colour wires we were working with & we could see inside the enclosures we were building.
Admittedly looking directly into the lights the LED's were blatently brighter, one of my simple tests is to see which light casts a shadow and directly under the panel, the lit Fluo did not userp the LED. So the LED is obviously brighter than the fluo but has a very directional downlight effect.

I'm not 'anti LED' by any means (I have a selection of LED flood lamps from 10w - 200W for portable/hire use) but despite the huge developements in recent years I think there's still some way to go.

Its light output per mm 2 that causes this problem, not to mention that the driver in the LED is usually adjusting the current by micro switching many times a second. LED dies are getting a lot larger now, so this problem seems to be going away.

Diffusers are usually quite distinctive by the end profile and how they fit on, post a few pics of the end of it, and the end caps and also the fitting end where the lamps fit etc, usually there easy to name.
The fitting make is usually found inside after removing the metal cover.
Your limited now what is available but sometimes other makes fit good enough

I’m sure you can shop around to find high output tubes but a typical 5’ tube will be closer to 70 once warmed up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back