Flush ceiling extractor above island in kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are putting the induction hob on the island and looking at ceiling mounted extractor fan.

Has anyone fitted one flush to the ceiling ie the workings fit between the joists so you don't have to create a box or lower whole ceiling?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The last one I did, I had to counterbatten ceiling by 90mm. That was despite the customer thought I coild drill 125mm holes through his joists!

You can only do in between joists if you are going in line with the joists and you can exit the wall at that joist gap position.

Im not sure if you fit the motor box in between the joists though.

Why not construct a cloud with led tape lighting around the perimeter.

We have been thinking of an led lit cloud, but it is going in a quadrant of a kitchen extension which has a cross of steel beams to open up the room, so thought more roof furniture might make it look busy.
Would be good to have them as Hue strips "Alexa, start the fans please", well cool for me, maybe not my wife :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back