flush ceiling fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is an earthing query: I would like to fit a flush ceiling light in my kitchen. The existing wiring is three core (red, black and bare cpc). However the light fitting (bought from Ikea; suitable for kitchen and bathroom use) has no accommodation for an earth wire. Because this is a flush fitting, the fitting itself takes place of back plate. It is made of a ceramic-type material. Does anybody have any suggestions? What do I need to do with the earth wire coming from ceiling to make sure the cable is safe?
Thank you very much!

Sponsored Links
if the fitting is double insualted it doesnt require an earth,the fitting should be marked somewhere with the symbol of a square within a square,if it is then sleeve the earth and place into a connector block in the fitting

Thank you for your reply. I am sure that the fitting does not need an earth (I will check for this symbol). Do I just put a loose connector block into the fitting?

Sponsored Links
Thank you very much indeed for your help - I shall do this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back