Flush cistern problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a push button fitting on my cistern and the last couple of days the water keeps on running into the pan after a flush . I have lifted the cistern up and the part that the push button tube is connected to......... the valve was loose .. I lifted it out and went to re-connect it but there does not appear to have a twist/lock to keep it in place.. when I hold it down to let the cistern fill up water stops running into the pan but when I replace the lid the tube appears to dislodge it and water starts to run again... is this held in by the water itself or am I missing something and how do I stop it?? the valve has a name on it saying viva...thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Your bog has an internal overflow, controlled by a floatvalve, either your floatvalve,(much same as a ballcock) has failed or requires adjustment.

Is it a cable mechanism on the flush valve? Anyway my advice would be to replace the flush valve, and possibly the float valve too whilst your at it

Sponsored Links
Overflowing into pan,so floatvalve not shutting off or overflow height needs adjusting, ,simples.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back