Fly a drone ... get shot at ...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
... well not quite but he shot at the drone. No doubt folk that love guns would say this is why we should have more of them. To me the thought of more scenes like this, which would happen if more of us had guns, doesn't bear thinking about.

Sponsored Links

Householder, 71, is arrested after threatening drone pilot who was taking photographs for an estate agent with a GUN and firing three shots at the quadcopter​

This is the shocking moment a drone pilot was threatened
What I find more shocking is the poor use of English in a supposed news media.
How can you take photographs with a gun? ;)

What I find more shocking is the poor use of Englis
misleading too. The police would not assess it as being an air rifle. Air pistols are split off separately in the firearms act. Air rifles are more associated with misuse than pistols. Collectively they are air weapons with rather specific rules about the ones the general public can own.

Sponsored Links
Less than 12 foot-pounds of force. That shows how old the regs are!
6 for pistols. These do make a lot of sense and it doesn't really matter what units they are in. They are weapons though so can cause harm. A fact that a few owners might be inclined to miss in some ways but knives, cars, hammers, stones, other things and even aeroplanes can be too

For me, regardless of the power of the thing, it was the sight of him walking across the open street area with it casually at his side.

Anybody going to get upset if the white 71 year old man gets locked up? Though I doubt that will happen.

Not all criminals fit the often used criteria used in here for criminality.

It is after all a bigger crime than some of the others highlighted.

Crazy bloke really. If reported armed police would appear rather quickly. They would have no idea what the weapon actually is. Carrying like that is a complete no no.

TBH I wonder about replica guns, pistols even with legal power levels. They do appeal to some and assuming things about all people who buy them is unlikely to be correct.

In practice there are 2 main reason for owning these weapons that do not need a FAC licence. Target shooting variations and hunting. A pistol is not suitable for hunting. A target pistol is inclined to be a rather expensive item. Similar applies to rifles but by no means as clear cut.

If the police do have the man to hand action will be taken. It always is in situations like this one. i don't think the result will just be a slap on the wrist.

If he waved that pistol at some people he'd get a severe beating and never be the same again. Some would say he deserved it.

In the states they are making it so that all drones have to have an ID tag that allows general public to use an app and can figure out exactly where the pilot is.

So before long the drone pilot is gonna get shot and the expensive drone and controller taken away.

Millions of drones. One nutter.

Hey, let's ban all drones, & all guns, & all of the type of folk who can't read their MSM without immediately penning a letter to the MP they didn't vote for.

Millions of drones. One nutter.

Hey, let's ban all drones, & all guns, & all of the type of folk who can't read their MSM without immediately penning a letter to the MP they didn't vote for.

Why don't you just issue an Edict for the UK, covering all eventualities.

What I find more shocking is the poor use of English in a supposed news media.
How can you take photographs with a gun? ;)
I thought the estate agent had the gun?

Sponsored Links
Back