fly press b***s

M

merlin50

any one know where i can get a pair of round things for the top of my fly press. i can not call them b***s as the mods delete my post

Sponsored Links
The 8alls are called 'flys' or fly weights.

You can get steel 'spheres' from places like FJ Brindley, Biggest they list is 150mm diam. Ought to be adequate for a small press. Just need to drill it then, of modify the carrier somehow.

Another option may be to use some tube, capped of and a smaller bit welded through, and filled with shot...... or a series of thick discs, stitch welded together. A local fab place might have something to do such with.

The old ones probably went the same way as those from where i used to work, i;e;welded to a length of chain and fastened to some poor Ba***rds ankle.

thanks Hitachimad it will be nice to have my bits back, and no thanks to the halfwits that removed my first post

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back