Foam gun

Joined
30 Mar 2015
Messages
4,662
Reaction score
94
Country
United Kingdom
I probably use foam 3/4 times a year and end up buying a bottle. Is a foam gun worth it?
Also, for my garden room, I am likely to use this a few times over the next couple of months. Does it preserve for this duration?

If yes, can you please recommend one.

Thanks in advance.
 
Buy a pack of two foam guns off Amazon for £8 and see how that works out. I've tried looking after foam guns but they don't like sitting about when I bought B&Q metal guns for £10, now £15. Always keep foam in them. Foam cleaner works but you must fill with foam after cleaning through or they jam. Cheap guns are good for occasional use
 
Buy a pack of two foam guns off Amazon for £8 and see how that works out. I've tried looking after foam guns but they don't like sitting about when I bought B&Q metal guns for £10, now £15. Always keep foam in them. Foam cleaner works but you must fill with foam after cleaning through or they jam. Cheap guns are good for occasional use
so if I have a gun attached to a foam can and it sits in the shed for several months, when I then go to use it again, will it work fine or likely to be clogged up?
 
so if I have a gun attached to a foam can and it sits in the shed for several months, when I then go to use it again, will it work fine or likely to be clogged up?

Well see the other threads. In my experience, "a few weeks" is OK, "a couple of years" is not.
 
so if I have a gun attached to a foam can and it sits in the shed for several months, when I then go to use it again, will it work fine or likely to be clogged up?
The will still work because the liquid in the gun is sealed - in theory. when you operate the gun there is a rod that is inside the tube which seals the end. That's mine anyway.
I recommend getting one, I just used the standard cans and wished I have brought a gun years ago - every time struggling with controlling a can
 
The will still work because the liquid in the gun is sealed - in theory. when you operate the gun there is a rod that is inside the tube which seals the end. That's mine anyway.
I recommend getting one, I just used the standard cans and wished I have brought a gun years ago - every time struggling with controlling a can
which gun do you have?
 
I read 3 months sitting is ok but I blast a bit through when mood took me.
I've had a few sit around for for a while just jam up solid.
It's a lottery.
It's why I said buy the £4 guns.
 
I read 3 months sitting is ok but I blast a bit through when mood took me.
I've had a few sit around for for a while just jam up solid.
It's a lottery.
It's why I said buy the £4 guns.
I've gone with the best seller on Amazon and will see how that goes. The trick seems to be to keep a bottle on the go and blast it once a month. Not bother with the cleaner and put away approach.
Thanks for all the responses.
 

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Back
Top