Focus engine heat

Sponsored Links
^neo^ said. "They do run horribly hot so may not be anything to worry about."

Stric said. "Thanks everyone, I am now thinking that i am just being overcautious, as everything else is ok, no signs of water in oil and vice versa, no loss of coolant, temp gauge reading half way, heater is fine, dont know how to check fans 'cause they're not kicking in, probably due to the temp gauge not being high enough? so I think I will ignore it."

Did you not read these two posts?

I had a ford ka that ran at just under 100 degrees which is supposedly normal for them.

Sponsored Links
But in his second post he said, "dont know how to check fans 'cause they're not kicking in" (i.e. he said they're not running)
And they won't run if the coolant doesn't reach the required temperature to make them come on. Which it won't ever do unless he uses his car in conditions that will make his fan/fans come on.
I drive 12 miles to work on the open road, my temp gauge sits at normal. If I open the bonnet, the heat seems to be very hot. However, my fan never comes on either going to my work or coming home. But if I go into town and have to wait in traffic, my fan will come on. Cooling fans are useless at speeds over 20MPH so, if I never go into town or, get stuck in traffic, my fan will never come on, ever!
The point I'm making is, whether or not his cooling fan is coming on is irrelevant because the temp might not be high enough.

I did quote from the Haynes Manual how to check his fans Seems he can't be bothered. :!:

Back