Folding Space/Time

• Thread starter RedHerring2
  • Start date
R

RedHerring2

Just 'cos most of the debates recently have been politically motivated or have been 'word games' how about another 'conveyor belt' teaser?

Have you ever thought that if it was possible to, in some way, control the folding of space/time, how impractical life would be. We'd all end up insane 'cos nothing would ever be predictable again.
Imagine going out of your front door, but when you went back in everything could have changed?
You couldn't find anything, not because you'd forgotten where you put it, but because you never put it there in the first place.
And who would/could record or control such events?
Suppose someone is on trial for a crime today, but tomorrow they never committed that crime or any other. Who would know that it was because time and/or space had been folded?

Sounds like something out of Aldous Huxley or Dr Who.

Sponsored Links
So next time I lose my car keys I rush outside and shout:

"F***ing Ada - Space time's just folded!".

Whatever would the neighbours think?

but because you never put it there in the first place
That happens all the time in our house i put something down and the wife moves it to its correct place,(or so she says) then i can't find it because its been moved.

Interesting...........

So....Just to clarify ..........

If I was to sh*g my neighbours wife......or rob the nearest co-op would I still remember it in the morning...?????

If I took masses of hallucinogenic drugs would it reverse the process and everything becomes real again....????????

Sponsored Links
but because you never put it there in the first place
That happens all the time in our house i put something down and the wife moves it to its correct place,(or so she says) then i can't find it because its been moved.

Next time she does it I recommend a left jab followed by a right uppercut, she'll soon stop.

Don't forget, you're talking about a situation where either you or your wife had experienced a folded time/space event.
How much time/space was missing from one of your experiences? You might have a totally different wife now, or she a husband. Or you might have a younger or older version of the same one.

Blimey, that last post either casued loads of reminiscing or planning for the future.
Well the planning for the future is a waste of time if time/space is folded.

When making cake mix it has to be folded not wisked and for a certain amount of time, does that count in this topic. :rolleyes:

You get nice cakes that way, or do you? :confused:

So

I could end up watching my favourite sci fy programme ( maybe about time travel?) and see the end before the begining and then the middle at the end (relatively)?
I could do with a lie down but I'll probably find I've already had one :confused:

So

I could end up watching my favourite sci fy programme ( maybe about time travel?) and see the end before the begining and then the middle at the end (relatively)?
I could do with a lie down but I'll probably find I've already had one :confused:
Is that called spacetime continuem, scary, get ready for a bit of jiggy and then find you're at the end having a fag, trying to answer the question, how was it for you? :eek:

Wouldn't worry about it, by the time the words " Oh that was wonderful darling" have passed my lips I'll probably be walking round asda a week next tuesday.

Naaah, there's got to be some disturbance in there for the space/time to be folded.
For instance in Ladylola example, you'd have to nip out for a cup of tea and when you return you find that you're now watching the beginning and you only now realise that what you were watching before was the end. Later on after nipping out for a natural break, after returning you realise that you're now watching the middle. But a time/space fold can't be realised and, therefore, experienced unless an interuption has ocurred.

Can't comment on what kind of disturbance newgas might experience. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back