Ripples in Space

Sponsored Links
How the hell do you get rid of email alerts from threads? Annoying. I see the options for watch this thread and receive email but they won't unset
Some are specific settings applying only to that thread. Some are general settings and apply to all threads but my be over-ridden by specific settings.
Top right corner, opposite the page number count, there's 'Watch Thread' button. Or 'Unwatch it' in your case. (Specific setting)

Otherwise, in your profile page, click on your username, top right, then about 5th option down on left side is 'Watch Thread' options. (General setting)

There might be another option, edit your previous post and at the bottom there may be a 'more options' button, where you can watch/unwatch threads. It's there when you're about to make a new comment also. (Specific setting)

There's also, in top right corner, an 'Alerts' button, which then has an 'Alert Preferences' option. (General setting)

Also, in your 'Preferences' option, again in your profile page. you have an option to automatically watch threads to which you've responded. (General setting)

Last edited:
Time and the passage of light are related, inexplicably. If the 'normal' passage of light is interrupted then so is the passage of time.
Do you mean that when I close my curtains, it's still 'just now' outside?

Is that Schrodinger's clock?

Time and the passage of light are related, inexplicably. If the 'normal' passage of light is interrupted then so is the passage of time.
Do you mean that when I close my curtains, it's still 'just now' outside?

Is that Schrodinger's clock?
If it's a battery clock or a clockwork clock, both need some interaction to ensure they continue to function.

Sponsored Links
If time is measured against speed of light, naturally then if speed of light slows or stops, time ends! lol easy as that. But we will still carry on, the world don't stop for anyone!

Apparently I didn't know this, but every 15 minutes somewhere in universe two black holes merge and we should get a gravitational waves every 15 minutes, so when I make my toy, I make sure the LED blinks roughly every 15 minutes!

But it might be more or less often, we wouldn't know if time stops, goes slow, or fast. The clock will keep ticking (unless it's in a box, on it's own!;) Then we won't know)

So is time slowed down as light passes through a block of glass ?
The speed of light within the glass is unchanged. The refractive index of the material means that the beam of light is bounced about so travels further whist inside a denser medium.

Probably.

Ah! Sorry guys, I have my reading glasses on now... The title was Ripples in Space...Oops!

The speed of light within the glass is unchanged.
That's not true - that's the whole point.
The speed of light is constant. Its speed measurement through a vacuum remains unchanged irrespective of whether light is emitting from a moving object for example.
Time and light are inexplicably linked, that's for sure.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back