Who Einstein was ?

Where do your thoughts come from ?
Are they "yours" ?
If you sit on the crapper and a great thought pops in your head ... where does it come from ?
Is it "yours" ?

Sponsored Links
It seems it is a function of Conscious and rational thinking inside one's head (brain) but the question is what is Conscious, or consciousness? most people have brains, but many don't have conscious. Or are not aware of it. or how to use it properly for themselves, they have to rely upon others to guide them.

The brain has conscious processes which we are are aware of, we think using this conscious and sub-conscious which does a lot more but we are not aware of it.

( Conscious not to be confused with a "social conscious" which is how we think about and relate to other people, it determines if we are "nice" people or "not nice"people. Sense of guilt for bad actions is a social conscious )

When first learning to drive it is a conscious action to steer the car along the road. The eyes report too close to the kerb and the conscious says turn a bit to the right. Then after a while the sub-conscious mind takes over that task completely and releases the conscious mind to manage the next task in driving.

( Conscious not to be confused with a "social conscious" which is how we think about and relate to other people, it determines if we are "nice" people or "not nice"people. Sense of guilt for bad actions is a social conscious )
Don't you mean 'conscience' in the 'social conscience' sense?

Sponsored Links
Conscious, or consciousness? most people have brains, but many don't have conscious. Or are not aware of it. or how to use it properly for themselves, they have to rely upon others to guide them.
On train! Think you must distinguish between consciousness the noun, "he hasn't regained consciousness,( ie awareness), and is still in a coma....", and conscious the adjective, ".....and the surgeon made the conscious(deliberate) decision to turn off the life support machine".
Although both do of course relate to awareness, a person can't have an adjective eg conscious, but can have a noun, eg consciousness.

If we don't know what Consciousness is, we really can't be sure where it comes from.
After all if you are on the dunny and a thought pops into your head ... where does it come from. You are not working on a problem, or analysing anything ... it is almost as if it comes from somewhere else and given to you.
Consciousness / thinking etc... people do not seem to be very clear about what all this stuff is.
Why says a lot, as it is important.

I really do not know if something else pops things into your head, but i think it is possible for things other than people to pop things in your head/mind, such as schizophrenics claim to hear voices, telling them to bad things, of course people can influence your mind, but when you are alone things can be popped into your head, but i do not think these other things can pop a solution to a problem, or give you an idea what to invent or do.

ideas are born in your own head, through necessity, (necessity is the mother of all inventions) so one with logical mind capable of solving problems always succeed because he or she can apply deep thinking and reasoning to overcome obstacles, using techniques one has mastered in his life, and using tools accessible to him, if you were in a prison behind steel bars and reinforced concrete walls, there is no way of escaping unless you have tools to cut steel bars and that is also only possible if the guards are not aware. we all have ideas how to escape, and if we want to invent something, we can achieve that as well as long as you work hard with your brain, allow it to think all possibilities, there are thousands of people out there trying to defeat laws of nature and many are attempting to create free energy out of nothing, but all have failed miserably including myself. No free lunch! Everything must be paid for, everything has to come from some where, Nothing means nothing.

So your thoughts have to come from within your mind, they have to be unless you were able to tune to other energy channels that you may be gifted person who can interpret those thoughts into something meaningful, like Einstein did with his theory of relativity.

It is interesting to talk about these things; however in my opinion the most important thing is that you feel your inner reality strongly. You should know who you are, because you can feel it inside. And then you can be who you are.
All the thinking etc... ... is limited.
The most important thing is discovering who you are inside.

As a mathematician I can only agree with the following and have just been reading a book which includes a superb example.
ideas are born in your own head, through necessity, (necessity is the mother of all inventions) so one with logical mind capable of solving problems always succeed because he or she can apply deep thinking and reasoning to overcome obstacles, using techniques one has mastered in his life, and using tools accessible to him

I can't however, go along with this
I do not think these other things can pop a solution to a problem, or give you an idea what to invent or do.
In the 70s, amidst thousands of others and completely out of nowhere, 3 thoughts came into my head, 2 of which were subsequently taken up my manufacturers, and were, in a small way, financially rewarding. The first of these came when I glanced at my new digital watch; the second, and most rewarding,when a customer in front of me bought an item in a shop. The third came when I set my pupils a task that wasn't even in my scheme of work but nevertheless was most rewarding although not in financial terms.

The main point of this is that in the first 2 cases, my thoughts were completely elsewhere. When I glanced at my watch I was wondering if I had time to nip to the loo before an appointment and in the shop, my mind certainly wasn't on the person in front of me or what I was about to buy. And in the classroom, I was chalking and talking.
So where did these random thoughts come from? Certainly not from necessity or the need to solve a problem. There was no need and there was no problem. I have absolutely no idea but have wondered, time and time again. Since I want to retain my anonymity, and did get some footage at the time, I have not said what the thoughts in question were.

So where did these random thoughts come from? Certainly not from necessity or the need to solve a problem. There was no need and there was no problem. I have absolutely no idea but have wondered, time and time again. Since I want to retain my anonymity, and did get some footage at the time, I have not said what the thoughts in question were.

I have a theory on this, based in nothing but my own experience, and random mental associations that I've made.

I used to play golf to a reasonable standard. I can't be bothered to look up the numbers, facts, and figures, but, to hit a "perfect" golf shot, the clubface must approach the ball at something like 140-odd miles an hour, on the correct path, at the correct angle, blah blah blah......

Conventional thought is that such "perfection" can't be sensed by a human. However (and I suspect many decent golfers will back this up), sometimes, you "just knew" partway back to the ball, that something wasn't right, and the shot was going to be carp. And you were invariably correct. But, conventional thought is that it is just not possible, to sense such minute imperfections.

Now, think of high-functioning people, like maths savants for example. Perhaps people with autism, or Asperger's, or similar. People who can multiply five-figure numbers in the blink of an eye; stuff that "normal" (read, conventionally-taught-in-logical-and-sequential-maths) people think of as akin to witchcraft. Stuff that's "impossible".

My theory (which might be complete cobblers) is that the human brain is absolutely incredible, but in most "normal" people, its incredibleness is muted by a "normality" filter; only in savants et al (without that filter), the answer just pops up, "Just because it's the right answer", and wasn't stymied by "the filter".
A bit like "in vino, veritas" - when the defences are down, the truth comes out.

Feel free to shoot me down:)

If someone throws a cricket ball at your head, you will react and you react extremely quickly, in a split second. This does not come from "thought" (words in the head). "thought" is quite slow.
For instance if you scratch your face with your hand, the amount of co-ordinated muscle movement (along with the associated changes in metabolism and physiology that is required for your muscles) is quite extraordinary. A huge amount has to happen in other words.
And once again your "thought" is not doing it.
In fact your breathing and heartbeat, your immune system, "you" (meaning the thinking in your head) is not doing it.
So ... in golf a huge amount of things has to happen to play a good shot. Your breathing, physiology, millions of things have to be lined up, and then you hit a sweet shot.
You could say a human being is an iceberg, most of it hidden ... but functioning all the time. For instance your immune system that protects you every second of the day. Most people never thank it.
Likewise your breathing, you take it for granted and sit in your head having "ideas".
Frankly most people know little about themselves, they treat the body like a carriage that they ride around in from their head.
Humans have many parts. The talking mind (sometimes it talks on its own, sometimes it talks cr*p, sometimes it talks actively, sometimes it daydreams). There is the intelligence of the body as discussed, that it very very very fast and powerful. That is actually the true power within us. Golfers know that it is sometimes better simply to get out of the way and swing, that intelligence does not need your help - it just needs you to stop interfering.
Anyway there are many things in side a human, and the job of our lives is to get it all to work together.
There is a famous story of Francis Crick (hope I got that name right). He was studying DNA at Cambridge trying to find out the structure of it. One night he had a dream, of 2 intertwined snakes. When he woke up he realised that the structure was of a double intertwined helix.
It was not a product of systematic analysis, the information arrived in his head.

Yes, similarly geniuses like Einstein just know things - solutions seem so obvious to them that they can't understand why others aren't the same.

Sponsored Links
Back