Footballing Drivel

Sponsored Links
The professional (association) footballing arena is populated by academically challenged morons, who by nature of their huge incomes and subsequent egos, feel justified in giving us their informed opinions in front of camera.

Bless 'em.

An awful lot of pro' footballers should not be put in front of camera.

Take the phrase "you know" away from a footballers vocabulary and he would have little else to say.

Even my young children notice that rugby union tv interviews are delivered completely differently to that of pro footballers. This is because one group are an educated bunch whilst the others are just (association) footballers, i tell 'em.

Football players by and large are drawn from a working class background, whereas Rugby union players tend to come from more privileged surroundings. Well done for spotting the difference. :rolleyes:
For a real mental challenge try to imagine the situation reversed.
Two lessons can be learned from that....
1 The class system is still working.
2 You're a feckin snob.

Football players by and large are drawn from a working class background, whereas Rugby union players tend to come from more privileged surroundings. Well done for spotting the difference. :rolleyes:
2 You're a feckin snobbo.

FFY

Sponsored Links
Any sports interview makes me laugh whether its football, tennis, snooker or whatever. The interviewer ask the most stupid and unnecessary questions and the player uses a collection of stock words in their answer.

'Andy Murray, describe what it was like out there today'

'Er...Itwasatoughmatchhe'sareallygoodplayersoyoucan'takeanythingawayfromhimbuti'vebeentraininghardanditwasagoodgameandigottheresultineededbutyeahhe'sareallytoughplayer'

It should be:

'Andy Murray, describe what it was like out there today'

'Er...well this was this big square of grass and on it were painted these white lines. There was also a sort of net thing going across the middle and lots of young boys and girls running around picking up tennis balls'

2 You're a feckin snob.

A decent education is available to all. Pro footballers just choose to side-step it.

Accusing pro footballers of being thick is not snobbery.

Yeah, everyone's equal aren't they?
As george Orwell said some are more equal than others.

Yeah, everyone's equal aren't they?
As george Orwell said some are more equal than others.
If you think that choosing the path of a pro' football player over a rugby player is done in the name of such noble things as poverty and being underprivileged, then you are deluded.

A pro footballers career path is chosen because of the desire for fame and money. It is the thick idiots amongst society that will chase the dollar over education. Some will win but many will lose.

Pro football is populated by selfish, greedy, self infatuated morons.

If you think that choosing the path of a pro' football player over a rugby player is done in the name of such noble things as poverty and being underprivileged, then you are deluded.

How spectacularly you miss the point. Football has it's roots firmly amongst the working classes, rugby union has it's roots firmly in the more affluent levels of society. Was it Harrow or Eaton where it was begun?
This still holds true today, so it's hardly surprising that there is a noticeable difference in articulation when being interviewed. If you think that rugby (union) players are intrinsically more intelligent than footballers it's you who is deluded. They are simply better educated as a rule.
Working class people who play rugby tend to play rugby league, at least up north anyway.

Pro football is populated by selfish, greedy, self infatuated morons.
I suppose that's inevitable with the money that's on offer these days and the influence of agents etc.

I'm pretty sure these selfish, greedy, self infatuated morons are crying all the way to the bank. :D

How spectacularly YOU miss the point.

Football is seen as an easy way to become rich whilst the less glamorous sport of Rugby is not.

It is therefore likely to attract morons. In a similar way that the Jeremy Kyle show attracts morons.

By your reckoning then it is only educated privileged people that play pro Rugby and only working class people that play football.

Think on Soupy. Rugby is a sport played by REAL people who believe in sportsmanship regardless of class.

Football is played by selfish cheating morons that are bereft of class.

You need to look properly at what pro football is all about rather than spouting ridiculous unfounded diatribe about fair played sports. For example, the referee in pro football is now conceived as a joke.

The only person I know in football is beckham.
Though I think he is retired now so know nobody.

I'm pretty sure these selfish, greedy, self infatuated morons are crying all the way to the bank. :D
To some people money is everything.

This is when the word "sport" becomes a paradox, i.e. when money is involved.

If you are rich and money does not matter then the competitive activity of sport is at its strongest.

If you are poor or in debt or are infatuated by money then sport is merely a word or a tool.

I like all sports. Those who love sport will do it regardless of money. I love watching good football. It breaks my heart to see good footballers cheat.

Sponsored Links
Back