Footballing Drivel

I like all sports. Those who love sport will do it regardless of money. I love watching good football. It breaks my heart to see good footballers cheat.

I'll go with that..................I think diving for an advantage(penalty)which could result in a player being sent off should attract a red card, that would cut a lot of diving out.

I remember watching Drogba and being infuriated by his dramatic dives especially when he had a scoring chance, as soon as he was told to stop he almost doubled his season tally.

Sponsored Links
Can't argue with the cheating, it infuriates me. Mind you in football speak it is now known as simulation.

Sponsored Links
The pressure pro footballers are under is enormous, especially the ones who are under the media spotlight.

But let's not forget, win or lose the money will still be there. However, so will be the critics.

Mind you it is easy for us to criticise. Stick a pot of cash in front of anyone and ask them to take it and most would.

It is those who choose to play a sport regardless of money and become the best regardless of fame, that command my respect.

It is those who choose to play a sport regardless of money and become the best regardless of fame, that command my respect.

Zola, Cantona and Bergkamp are three that spring to mind above most others.

Zola never stopped smiling and Bergie drove a 20 year old Beetle and Cantona, well, he was just Cantona.

How spectacularly YOU miss the point.

Football is seen as an easy way to become rich whilst the less glamorous sport of Rugby is not.
You do talk some shiite nosebag
It is therefore likely to attract morons. In a similar way that the Jeremy Kyle show attracts morons.

By your reckoning then it is only educated privileged people that play pro Rugby and only working class people that play football.
By and large yes, though there are obviously plenty of exceptions.
Think on Soupy. Rugby is a sport played by REAL people who believe in sportsmanship regardless of class.

Football is played by selfish cheating morons that are bereft of class.
What a stupid generalisation.
You need to look properly at what pro football is all about rather than spouting ridiculous unfounded diatribe about fair played sports. For example, the referee in pro football is now conceived as a joke.
The only one who is entering into ridiculous unfounded diatribes here is you, :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
A pro footballers career path is chosen because of the desire for fame and money. It is the thick idiots amongst society that will chase the dollar over education. Some will win but many will lose.

Pro football is populated by selfish, greedy, self infatuated morons.

For instance. :rolleyes:

:LOL: :LOL: It was probably the way I set out my last reply but you misunderstood my "for instance"
I should have set it out like this:

The only one who is entering into ridiculous unfounded diatribes here is you, :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

A pro footballers career path is chosen because of the desire for fame and money. It is the thick idiots amongst society that will chase the dollar over education. Some will win but many will lose.

Pro football is populated by selfish, greedy, self infatuated morons.

For instance :rolleyes:

Anyway as you say top footballers undoubtedly cheat, but what they do on the pitch directly affects the multi million pound companies they represent. So I am quite convinced that they are actually coached to seek an advantage where possible (cheat).
Top football is in a different stratosphere to rugby, but since rugby union went pro they have started to come under the same pressures as footballers to seek an advantage. If you are naive enough to think Rugby Union is above such antics perhaps Will Greenwood can open your eyes.

http://tinyurl.com/qcj3up5

It would be pointless getting into a pi$$ing contest over football and rugby union because you would lose.

Horribly.

This is because they have a referee in rugby union who actually has authority and is respected. If the ref missis something off the ball then there is also retrospective action which can be taken and it is both strict, direct and effective.

Yes football is in a different league to rugby, tennis, golf, cricket.

In the others we can actually win on a national, level. As said, pro footballers are cheating, selfish morons and you have suggested little to change that perception.

It would be pointless getting into a p**sing contest over football and rugby union because you would lose.

Horribly.

This is because they have a referee in rugby union who actually has authority and is respected. If the ref missis something off the ball then there is also retrospective action which can be taken and it is both strict, direct and effective.

I'm not into pi*ing contests conerning different sports, I don't take them that seriously.
The reason the referee in rugby union has authority and is respected goes back to it's roots in public schools and just proves the point I was making.
Which was where we started, Rugby began as a rich kids game, footy has always been the game of choice for working class kids.
So it's hardly surprising when seeing various players of both sports being interviewed that the difference will show, except to an idiot perhaps.

I suspect the cheating, moronic, selfish footballers do more in the community(here and abroad)than most rugby players.

I suspect the cheating, moronic, selfish footballers do more in the community(here and abroad)than most rugby players.
They certainly line the pockets of prostitutes, bookies and chintzy, tacky and chavvy household stores, yes.

Do they? Care to show a comparison?

Can you please explain why some rugby players get their ears bitten off, eyes gouged, legs raked then?? If it's full of such "sportsmanship" these (much publicised) incidents just wouldn't happen.
No there is no excuse for excessive violent conduct, and players do not go unpunished.

However, Rugby Union is a FULL contact sport so injuries are inevitable.

Sponsored Links
Back