For AdamW - TV Guide

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just browsing through some topics from a few days back and found this:

AdamW said:
So, here is the problem: I have to turn on the TV just to see what is ON the TV! I spend 5 minutes going through the listing seeing that there is nothing on in the next hour or so. I could check further ahead but frankly my experience of Sky, Freeview and ntl is the same: a TV screen is not an ergonomic way to display a large amount of information to be quickly scanned. So, showing what is on 200 channels for a whole day can't be done with the EPG.

And there don't appear to be any websites offering this either.
I use digiguide - www.digiguide.com - it's a nice little bit of software, fully customisable for the channels you have, with a choice of formats and views.

I find it very easy to browse through and select reminders for a whole evening's viewing at a time.

It does cost £9 a year but imagine the yearly total of buying the Radio Times or even a cheapy like TV quick once a week! And you do get a free trial to evaluate it first.

I have no idea why the screenshots on their website are in such a hideous colour scheme, but here's what it looks like as I have it set up on mine:

1137586232_ScreenHunter_004.jpg

Hope this helps!

Sponsored Links
Having looked at the progs available above makes me feel very glad I haven't got one of those digibox thingies.

Cheers buddy

I've signed myself for the radio times now, but I'll give that one a look!

What I like on the radio times one is you can add whatever channels you like and say what programmes you want to include in a list of "my programmes" Great stuff.

Oh, and it's free ;)

Sponsored Links
ninebob said:
Just browsing through some topics from a few days back and found this:

AdamW said:
So, here is the problem: I have to turn on the TV just to see what is ON the TV! I spend 5 minutes going through the listing seeing that there is nothing on in the next hour or so. I could check further ahead but frankly my experience of Sky, Freeview and ntl is the same: a TV screen is not an ergonomic way to display a large amount of information to be quickly scanned. So, showing what is on 200 channels for a whole day can't be done with the EPG.

And there don't appear to be any websites offering this either.
I use digiguide - www.digiguide.com - it's a nice little bit of software, fully customisable for the channels you have, with a choice of formats and views.

I find it very easy to browse through and select reminders for a whole evening's viewing at a time.

It does cost £9 a year but imagine the yearly total of buying the Radio Times or even a cheapy like TV quick once a week! And you do get a free trial to evaluate it first.

I have no idea why the screenshots on their website are in such a hideous colour scheme, but here's what it looks like as I have it set up on mine:

1137586232_ScreenHunter_004.jpg

Hope this helps!
That is not dissimilar to the Sky EPG you still have a timeline you have to scroll through?
Adam are you using the full EPG guide?

I find it slow to use the full EPG (how long does it take to load those pages!), and also being on a TV screen in large text it doesn't show that much information on each page.

The alternative is the EPG you can access whilst watching a channel, but that shows even less information. Also I like to carry on watching whilst checking what's on later.

That digiguide does look somewhat superior to the radiotimes website, I might have to give it a go on their free trial!

What makes digiguide much quicker and easier than the sky epg is that if you hover the mouse over the left-hand bar with all the channels, you can use your scroll-wheel on the mouse to quicky go up and down the channels, then on the rest of the page the scroll-wheel navigates left to right (timescale). Much better than endless faffing about with cursor keys on a remote!

with the Sky EPG you hold the right cursor down to fast scroll the timeline which in my opinion is sometimes too fast! and is a knack to prod the button as for the channel selection there is the page up down options, so unless it's a particular issue with your digibox i can't really understand that you would say the full EPG was slow?

yep site has gone barmy my post has come out 3 times also, caption read "cannot match words " or something like that?

Sponsored Links
Back