For those against corporal punishment....

i was talkin about the truley pious who who follow decent religious practices
There are a great many such religions, No doubt you include yours as one of them. There are also a great many very decent people of no religion.

Sponsored Links
With DNA and forensic science being as advanced as it is to day.
What does this mean? What do you think DNA evidence is, and what it means?

I'm not saying it is impossible for it to be wrong
So there's an element of doubt then?

but most crimes of this nature are totally beyond any doubt
Oh. Apparently not.

How is the doubt removed?

Eye for an eye.
Do you know where "an eye for eye" comes from, as a phrase, and what it meant in that context?

DNA is genetic print of a life form. It's not a 100% accurate but the percentages are very high.
Forensics is a science used to assume facts and events and used in law.
This would help to determined how a crime was committed and may also lead to the perpetrator.
There has been many well documented cases in the past where the death penalty has been served on a innocent, these days the likelihood of that has been lessen by new technology.

That is why a stated my post as I did!

The phrase "an eye for an eye" is a quotation from Exodus 21:23–27 in which a person who has taken the eye of another in a fight is instructed to give his own eye in compensation.

Sponsored Links
DNA is genetic print of a life form.
I asked what you thought DNA evidence is.

It's not a 100% accurate but the percentages are very high.
Sometimes they are, and sometimes they aren't.

Forensics is a science used to assume facts and events and used in law.
Assume? :eek:

The phrase "an eye for an eye" is a quotation from Exodus 21:23–27 in which a person who has taken the eye of another in a fight is instructed to give his own eye in compensation.
I didn't ask you to paste part of the Wikipedia web site, I asked you where you thought the phrase came from and what it meant.

Do you have the slightest inkling as to its meaning within the set of Christian doctrine, which, like it or not, gave rise to the principles of justice in this country?

If you have anything positive to offer topic ie an opinion do so,
If you have a problem with me say so,
Christine doctrine, principles of justice in this country? you never asked about that! you asked where the saying came from, Can you establish that the principles of justice in this country was a predecessor of text taken from the old testament?

If you have an opinion to make regarding the OP, do so.
If you one of these people who get a kick out of taking other peoples opinions apart and trying to make some credible point be my guest.
But lets have your opinion please!

Regarding op's original question..........
No compassion from me for these people whatsoever......

Christine doctrine, principles of justice in this country? you never asked about that!
It was you who mentioned Exodus, not me.

you asked where the saying came from
Yes. I asked twice. And you've still not managed to explain what you think it means.

Can you establish that the principles of justice in this country was a predecessor of text taken from the old testament?
Why would I, since I was claiming the very opposite of that?

But lets have your opinion please!
My opinion is that you made some unsubstantiated statements, that were wrong, and that you're unable to explain why you made them, and that you are now attempting to make personal comments about me as a means of distracting from your unwillingness to explain.

It isn't working. You still haven't explained. You're a classic bigot.

oh dear! an opinion about me but not the OP.
How sad and bitter!
Never made a personal opinion about you, I made a general comment, it has a hat and fits wear it

oh dear! an opinion about me but not the OP.
Untrue.

You're a bigot, and imamartian isn't.

How sad and bitter!
Actually, neither. I agree with imamartian.

So what do you think DNA evidence is, and what do you think it means?

And why do you think it makes any crime (of any nature) "totally beyond any doubt"?

Do you know what the phrase "an eye for eye" originally meant in the context of deriving the laws of this country?

Are you capable of answering any question about the things you've written, without resorting to cutting and pasting words from Wikipedia?

this is why we have no capital punishment,

because we can not agree to f@@@all, :mad:

and have baseless arguments about who we should punish and who not.

this is the reason the jails are full of obese criminals getting degree's in how to commit crime better, and the worst of which (peado's etc,)get protection :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back