Ford Ka Clutch Repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 2012. 1.2 petrol KA and the pipe that runs between the clutch master and slave cylinders is leaking. Spoke to Ford who say the both cylinders have to be replaced as the pipes are joined in the middlle but moulded in to the cylinders. 450 plus vat plus fitting !!!. Does anyone know of an aftermarket repair kit ? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is it the pipe, or the self sealing coupling /connector / barrel joint which is leaking? My car uses a similar system, which officially is a fully sealed and pre-charged with fluid system. You buy either of the two parts, install, plug together and no need to bleed. I don't know about the clutch end, but at the master end, you can just punch a roll pin out to release the master cylinder from it's half of the pipe.

If yours is similar and that section of pipe is leaking, you might be able to source just the pipe from a scrap yard.

Punching the roll pin out to swap the master on it's own is a much easier way to replace a failing master, than attempting to thread the new pipe through a double bulkhead. A special tool is supposed to be needed to disconnect the coupling, but a suitable thickness of steel, with a U filed into it works as well to release the coupling.

The master uses a flexible diaphragm under the cap, to prevent air getting to the fluid. If the diaphragm is removed, the system can be filled and bled in the usual way, with a bleed valve at the end of a pipe, which emerges close to where the main pipe goes in.

Sponsored Links
Back