Ford Ka indicators intermittant fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The indicators on my X reg Ka occasionally stop working. The hazard warning function also. It usually last a day or so, then suddenly clears itself.

I've had the two halves of the steering column off, checking the connectors under there with no success. Although on two occasions, as I was about to give up, they started working just as I was refitting the covers.

I also suspected the relay, and found it on the drawing, although it doesn't state exactly where this relay is located. I had a look on the wiring assembly/fuses in the right hand side of the drivers footwell, checking the connections with the hazards switch in the on position, again without success.

Anyone any idea where the relay is located, I'll buy a new one and swap it.

Sponsored Links
wait til it's ok again and leave the hazzards on and listen for it

wait til it's ok again and leave the hazzards on and listen for it

there it is, no it isnt. there it is, no it isnt. there it is, no it isnt. there it is, no it isnt. there it is, no it isnt.there it is, no it isnt. there it is, no it isnt.

Sponsored Links
I've got the two halves of the steering coumn off and can only see the switch. Are you sure it should be there.

On the right hand side of the drivers footwell, there's a drop down wiring assembly with the fuses and a few relays in there too. I thought it might have been one of those.

Just found it on the underside of the left hand side of the column. Just touched it and it started working.

Tried twisting the pins slightly but it still seems intermittant. I think if I wedged it towards one side it would probably be OK. Might see how much for a new one and try that.

Thanks for the advice.

Back