Ford Mondeo 1996 1.8 Diesel Estate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELP!! I am having problems fixing a dashboard light problem, I found out the light which illuminates the speedo & rev counter at night no longer works, I've looked at the fuses & they seem ok, took the intrument panel off to check the bulbs they seem ok too, but put it back together & now the right indicator & full beam indicator lights no longer work as well!! what the hell's going on?

Sponsored Links
Take it all back out again and see what you've done. Replace the bulbs that don't work even if they look ok.

Is the instrument binnacle the type with a plastic overlay across the back containing copper tracks with exposed copper either side of the bulb holder bayonets?

If so, these are quite prone to fractured tracks at their thinnest points. I couldn't come up with a viable method of fixing these tracks, as soldering didn't work. In the end I had to solder wires to the bulbs themselves!

Sponsored Links
Mmm... exposing the encapsulated track through the plastic was the difficult part. Melting it away with a soldering iron seemed to destroy the track itself at the same time - maybe I needed a temperature controllable iron!

Back