Foreign Aid

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I think like those catholic priests he flays himself nightly and begs forgiveness

Notch has made mistakes in life.

Big ones. He voted Brexit and he's voted a tory government in for most of their term.

He's totally screwed up and now blames the rest of us.

I forgive him as I can see he's having difficulty dealing with his guilt.

Notch you can call the Tories for a lot of things, but to blame them for a lack of sunshine for mainly immigrant children is a bit low :cool: or did the sun shine on us pre Brexit?

Results 125 cases met the case definition, an annual incidence of 0.48 (95% CI 0.37 to 0.62) per 100 000 children under 16 years. 116 children were under 5 years (annual incidence of 1.39 (95% CI 1.05 to 1.81) per 100 000. Boys (70%) were significantly more affected than girls (30%) (OR 2.17, 95% CI 1.25 to 3.78). The majority were of Black (43%) or South Asian (38%) ethnicity. 77.6% of children were not taking vitamin D supplements despite being eligible. Complications included delayed gross motor development (26.4%), fractures (9.6%), hypocalcaemic seizures (8%) and dilated cardiomyopathy (3%). Two children died (1.6%). In eight cases, rickets was confirmed radiologically and biochemically [raised serum alkaline phosphatase (ALP) and parathyroid hormone (PTH) levels ] but were excluded from the incidence analysis for not meeting the case definition of 25-hydroxyvitamin D of <25 nmol/L.
Conclusion The incidence of nutritional rickets in the UK is lower than expected. Serious complications and unexpected deaths, particularly in Black and South Asian children under 5 years, occurred. Both vitamin D deficiency and dietary calcium deficiency are role players in pathogenesis. Uptake of vitamin D supplementation remains low.

Notch you can call the Tories for a lot of things, but to blame them for a lack of sunshine for mainly immigrant children is a bit low :cool: or did the sun shine on us pre Brexit?

We need to take all the people in the world that suffers from sunshine. Apparently all the people in the world can fit on our little islands . So lets give it a good dam go at being god.

usual rant again i see ignoring the evidence . I know you wont have any friends but google is everyone's friend give it a try
You haven’t provided any evidence.

1) you provided a link to a USA site which talked about children

2) this: “Vitamin D insufficiency was found in 40% of non-Western immigrants in the Netherlands, and in more than 80% of Turkish and Moroccan immigrants. The Middle East, despite high rates of sun-exposure, has the highest rates of rickets worldwide”

Not evidence because

1) Netherlands not UK
2) does not address increases in food insecurity in UK
3) does not address NHS cases of malnutrition, rickets, scurvy

“According to figures obtained from 84 NHS trusts and health boards through Freedom of Information requests, there have been at least 13,000 diagnoses of malnutrition, 15,000 of rickets and more than 150 cases of scurvy in the first 12 months of Sunak’s premiership”

Is gas112 trying to claim they are all “illegals”?

“LBC spoke to ‘Tara’, a single mother who was hospitalised with malnutrition in 2022:

“I was living on £70 per fortnight with my two children… it just came to the point where I was just feeding my children and not myself. I ended up collapsing and ended up in hospital having multiple blood transfusions.”

“I was basically just living on tea, biscuits and sandwiches - or whatever I could have… I could have died. [The doctor] said had this been weeks later, I would have died… basically, if I hadn’t collapsed and ended up in hospital that day, god knows where I’d been. I don’t think I’d be on the phone talking [about this].””

So she is on UC you can’t get that if “an illegal”

Notch you can call the Tories for a lot of things, but to blame them for a lack of sunshine for mainly immigrant children is a bit low :cool: or did the sun shine on us pre Brexit
Charlie, that’s a strawman argument

You don’t get malnutrition due to a lack of sunshine

“According to figures obtained from 84 NHS trusts and health boards through Freedom of Information requests, there have been at least 13,000 diagnoses of malnutrition, 15,000 of rickets and more than 150 cases of scurvy in the first 12 months of Sunak’s premiership”

The number of people in ‘food insecure’ households rose to 7.2 million in 2022/23, an increase of 2.5 million people since 2021/22, according to data on households that have below average incomes from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).

The percentage of people in food insecure households went from 7% in 2021/22 to 11% in 2022/23.

This Insight discusses why food insecurity has risen and which groups are most likely to not have food security.

your article covers the period: "Prospective data were collected monthly between March 2015 and March 2017" (period before UK left Single Market)

which is also the period before the large increase in small boats

the nationality of those studied is not known: they may well have been British citizens

It does in no way prove gas112s assertion

for those interested here is the link which Charlie George did not include

You haven’t provided any evidence.

1) you provided a link to a USA site which talked about children

2) this: “Vitamin D insufficiency was found in 40% of non-Western immigrants in the Netherlands, and in more than 80% of Turkish and Moroccan immigrants. The Middle East, despite high rates of sun-exposure, has the highest rates of rickets worldwide”

Not evidence because

1) Netherlands not UK
2) does not address increases in food insecurity in UK
3) does not address NHS cases of malnutrition, rickets, scurvy

Is gas112 trying to claim they are all “illegals”?

“LBC spoke to ‘Tara’, a single mother who was hospitalised with malnutrition in 2022:

“I was living on £70 per fortnight with my two children… it just came to the point where I was just feeding my children and not myself. I ended up collapsing and ended up in hospital having multiple blood transfusions.”

“I was basically just living on tea, biscuits and sandwiches - or whatever I could have… I could have died. [The doctor] said had this been weeks later, I would have died… basically, if I hadn’t collapsed and ended up in hospital that day, god knows where I’d been. I don’t think I’d be on the phone talking [about this].””

So she is on UC you can’t get that if “an illegal”

your article covers the period: "Prospective data were collected monthly between March 2015 and March 2017" (period before UK left Single Market)

which is also the period before the large increase in small boats

the nationality of those studied is not known: they may well have been British citizens

It does in no way prove gas112s assertion

for those interested here is the link which Charlie George did not include

Charlie, that’s a strawman argument

You don’t get malnutrition due to a lack of sunshine

The number of people in ‘food insecure’ households rose to 7.2 million in 2022/23, an increase of 2.5 million people since 2021/22, according to data on households that have below average incomes from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).

The percentage of people in food insecure households went from 7% in 2021/22 to 11% in 2022/23.

This Insight discusses why food insecurity has risen and which groups are most likely to not have food security.

Your so boring

Sponsored Links
Back