Forgot to mix Bullseye 123 before applying to sanded skirting board - end of the world?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bugger, completely forgot to stir before using it. Have I messed up? Also, if I haven't ruined it, how long after applying can I then go ahead and fill gaps, etc?

Sponsored Links
Depends how long the tin has been standing, is it gloopy at the bottom of the tin?
124 dries in about an hour then you can re-coat etc.
If it looks fairly white chances are you are OK remember though, while you can re-coat in an hour the product take a week or so to cure so be aware that it will scrape off with a fingernail until cured, so treat with care till then.(y)

Hey mate, thanks for replying - sounds like I might be OK in that case - it was definitely very gloopy white, just like normal emulsion, visually. Although I laid it with a foam roller and it went on VERY thin. I assume that's normal. Thanks for the advice about curing, that's the kind of thing that would have had me assuming I'd ruined the whole job if it came off before then

Cheers mate, much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
You could give some a stir now, and see if appears the same consistency, for peace of mind.

Or not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back