Forgot to SORN car, no insurance penalty

Apparently if you keep the car in your garage taxed, you must have insurance even if you don't use it
Yes but the DVLA don't know that do they? They just see it taxed and assume you're driving it round
Why do I have to insure a car when it's kept in a private place???
You don't, if you SORN it. That way the DVLA have a positive statement from you that you're not using it
They've found every way to extract money from us.
They even double tax you/the buyer in the month where a car changes hands too

Sponsored Links
What doesn't make sense about the other two?

Yes but the DVLA don't know that do they? They just see it taxed and assume you're driving it round
They always assume that the entire population is made up of a bunch of criminals, don't they?
They can't trust anybody to pay road tax and keep the vehicle garaged for the odd occasion.
Nothing to do with milking us at every opportunity...
Absolutely nothing!
You don't, if you SORN it. That way the DVLA have a positive statement from you that you're not using it
And as soon as you forget, zak!
They squeeze money out of you.

Sponsored Links
They do make plenty of efforts to reach you to remind you to tax or SORN your car, even do text reminders now.

They always assume that the entire population is made up of a bunch of criminals, don't they?
Seems a good base level premise?

Interestingly, since my earlier post (#3) one of the owners has been contacted & given 28 days grace to either insure his car or SORN it.
He will chose the latter alternative to avoid a fine.

They didn't send me any reminder to sorn my car.
They sent me a fine.
What would you like me to do with this information, beyond making note that you love to argue inanities?

You're a grown up, trusted with the responsibility of piloting something that can kill. It is not beyond you to whip out your iPhone and say "Hey Siri, on the 27th of Feb 2025, remind me to tax the car".

Sponsored Links
Back