Format 80 C Divertor Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.

Hot water stopped working this week and upon inspection found the divertor valve wasn't engaging(the little pin wasn't moving!) Bought myself a Giannoni diaphram and fitted it, old one turned out to be perished, yet still not moving. I've stripped the whole assembly, several times now, yet still no movement! The pin seems to require quite a bit of force to move with my hand, is this normal?

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Yes you can't push it with a thumb. Fair chance you've put some of the bits back in the wrong order. Needs Silicone grease too.

Springs on the diaphragm go towards the switches. There was a pic on here recently - seek Giannoni.

ChrisR said:
Springs on the diaphragm go towards the switches. There was a pic on here recently - seek Giannoni.

diaphragm.jpg

;)

Sponsored Links
Hmm, would seem all those years at uni were wasted after all!!

Diaphram was in back to front, at least i have a cozy familiarity with my parents boiler now!

Cheers guys,

Stoo "ashamed, but at least i'll be having a hot shower tomorrow" Holmes

None of us has EVER done that. OR got the in and out pipes backwards.... :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back