Found some nightmare wiring today

Bhm,

If they are not happy about the lighting cct being rewired I would walk away. Dont give a price for changing the lights/switches to Class II fittings, the chances are some of the perished VIR will make it a nightmare, and then you will be up poo creak!

Regards.

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't be doing that anyway as I'm not a professional domestic sparks. I'm qualified but work in industry so never been a member of an accredited scheme. I just went round to put the wires back in the correct place as I knew he had removed the fittings Despite what he said. That's when I found the mess.

I have warned them of the dangers and now it's up to them. Funny how they say they can't afford a full re-wire but there is a 2012 Audi S5 on the drive!

Sponsored Links
Have had exactly the same sob story from day one of my career. "I can't afford it...."

Job in B-o-T, house with wiring falling to bits, but brand new 60K Merc on drive.

Other job in M14, house falling to bits, damp, rubber wiring, rotten window frames, new BMW outside.

People spend money on what they want to. Their house is "OK", the wiring "works". Rewiring is not a status symbol. Folk don't come in for a coffee and go "Wow! You've got a fuseboard stuffed full of RCBO's.....and they're Hager too!"

But when you've got a nice shiny penis* extension on the drive..... And the best thing about it is, it goes where you go.

* Apologies to the ladies, I know you like flash cars too, but clitoris extensions? I don't know....

1436232885_ebfb0255f5.jpg

Have had exactly the same sob story from day one of my career. "I can't afford it...."

Job in B-o-T, house with wiring falling to bits, but brand new 60K Merc on drive.

Other job in M14, house falling to bits, damp, rubber wiring, rotten window frames, new BMW outside.

People spend money on what they want to. Their house is "OK", the wiring "works". Rewiring is not a status symbol. Folk don't come in for a coffee and go "Wow! You've got a fuseboard stuffed full of RCBO's.....and they're Hager too!"

But when you've got a nice shiny penis* extension on the drive..... And the best thing about it is, it goes where you go.

* Apologies to the ladies, I know you like flash cars too, but clitoris extensions? I don't know....

Company cars.

ive seen a similar KA around me. It has a similar body kit and 4 inch tail pipe. Has a turbo whistler in the exhaust. Looks rather poo.

Makes me smile every morning when I see the ladies delivering the kids to school inside husbands penis extension. :LOL:

Makes me smile every morning when I see the ladies delivering the kids to school inside husbands penis extension. :LOL:

Does that really make you smile?

Or does calling a vehicle that's cost far more than you can afford, a 'penis extension' simply come down to envy?

If they can afford it, why the hell shouldn't they have it? Even if there is a risk of name calling from the ever more envious.

I know somebody who bought an Audi that had been flooded during last years floods. It was very cheap but needed a lot of work. After it was done I was with him at a party and he took me to one side and asked me not to tell his other friends that it was cheap and damaged cos he has told them he had paid full value price on it! If that's not purely for penis extension reasons then I don't know what it is!

According to emails I receive you can achieve that for a lot less than the cost of a new Audi, or even a flood damaged one.

These people also have colleagues who will sell you the pills to make it work properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back