Foundation Questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

i know this has been asked a thousand times before, but my eyes have gone square reading different threads with different answers!

I have a couple of projects i want to get started and need help with foundations and depths, i know this will depend on soil type, if its anything like the front of my house it will be a lot of clay!

My 1st project is a conservatory, this i have planning for, it will be 3.5, wide and 4m long. Dwarf walls will be around 600m high the rest will be UPVC. Double skin walls with insulation. No trees anywhere to be seen, will be going along side my neighbours current conservatory.

How wide and deep would you suggest digging for this? Also how deep would you pour the concrete to?

My 2nd project will be a man cave/summerhouse at the bottom of my garden, this will be about 5m long and 3.5m wide. This will be a double skinned wall again with an insulated cavity, this will be no more than 2.5m high as this will be built under permitted development. This will be going at the bottom of my garden with no trees of any size within 10 meters.

How wide and deep would you suggest digging for this? Also how deep would you pour the concrete to?

Thanks All

John

Sponsored Links
As deep as the house foundations, twice as wide as the wall, 75mm below ground level.

Thanks Woody,

Is is generally cheaper to trench fill as oppose to bring up to level with Blocks and engineering bricks?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back