Foundations and pavements

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to rebuild my front garden wall higher than it is, with brick piers and metal railing sections. This is likely to involve new concrete footings. My understanding is that the footings should extend beyond the width of the wall which is fine on the garden side, but what I want to know is what to do on the pavement side?

Sponsored Links
Just undercut it 2 or 3 inches. If it's just a garden wall, you won't need wide foundations.
Whatever you do don't bring it up with the council - you'll just get passed from pillar to post; no-one will twig anyway.

That sounds good to me. Don't suppose you're up for giving me a quote for a bit of work in South Manchester? Want a porch building, re-rendering front elevation and converting the bay flat roof to a pitched one? If not you, do you know of anyone? pm me.

Tony is only interested if there is structural steelwork involved.

As for foundations, you can do a narrow strip and it will be OK. No need to dig under the path

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back