Foundations Before Permission

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, im currently in the middle of a planning permission application, my council are running 4 weeks behind and I'm yet to get to the 21days ask the neighbours part (i think thats about two weeks away)

I already have building regulations approval that came through quite quickly.

Site is flattened and ready to go

could i dig and pour the foundations before planning approval?
Thanks in advance
Josh

Sponsored Links
You can but you are proceeding entirely at your own risk.

Sponsored Links
And what happens if assuming worst case that Planning refuse your application, which could result in changes to the footprint and therefore line of foundations?

What works are you actually proposing?

And what happens if assuming worst case that Planning refuse your application, which could result in changes to the footprint and therefore line of foundations?

What works are you actually proposing?

the works are a double height side extension sitting back 100mm front the front elevation of the existing house on a detached property, the footprint of the downstairs for a single storey extension falls under permitted development and the chance of my extension being passed (looking at extension of properties in the street) there is a high likely hood.

Thanks for the reply

A two storey side extension that is set back 100mm from the original front wall of the dwelling? That itself rings alarm bells unless your LPA accepts 100mm as a sufficient set back in order to achieve sub-servience?

Unfortunately, no part of your proposal falls under PD so you can’t use any of that argument as a fall back position. The fact it’s going through formal Planning means it’ll be determined via Local Policy.

Just be very weary there is a lot more to lose by starting before Planning as opposed to starting before Building Regulations (even though in your case BR’s has already come through).

A two storey side extension that is set back 100mm from the original front wall of the dwelling? That itself rings alarm bells unless your LPA accepts 100mm as a sufficient set back in order to achieve sub-servience?

Unfortunately, no part of your proposal falls under PD so you can’t use any of that argument as a fall back position. The fact it’s going through formal Planning means it’ll be determined via Local Policy.

Just be very weary there is a lot more to lose by starting before Planning as opposed to starting before Building Regulations (even though in your case BR’s has already come through).

thank you really appreciate The comments i guess ill just sit tight

Do you have the drains and party wall agreements sorted? (digging below and within 3m of neighbours foundations?)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back