Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any thoughts on what to get?
Second hand paslode, at least £200?,
Axminster pneumatic, £130ish,
Ebay "rockworth" pneumatic, £65.
Ebay SIP pneumatic, £80ish.
For a bit of roofing, stud work and such.
I've got a good compressor so thats not an issue.

Sponsored Links
i got a new hitachi nr90gc a short time ago - never thought i could justify the outlay and cost of the nails, but glad i got it. used a makita & paslode before i got mine, but i prefer the hitachi (the price also swung the deal).

paid £270 inc vat, and if you google people experiences you'll see a lot of people saying things like 'the pros all use paslode' - kinda don't know but i've seen people using them attitude, whereas people do seem to sing the praises of the hitachi.

can't comment on air nailers, but of course they're cheaper to buy and there should be less maintenance and a less complex design. there's no gas so the nails would be a bit cheaper, you are towing around a hose and compressor though........

Unless cost is an issue, then a paslode or similar will avoid trailing hose and a awkward/noisy compressed

Hitachi nails seem better (ie thicker) than paslode ones though

Cost is an issue unfortunately.
I've used paslodes before and they're very nice but I'm also thinking the air nailer might be of use in the workshop.
Does anyone know these rockworth things?

Sponsored Links
hi , it really depends on what you want to do with it ?
if you are doing stud work roofing etc then i would recommend a paslode but here is where the provlems start .
the trouble with paslode is that you may well need 2 guns as the one you need for stud roof etc fires 51m -90m nails but it wont be anygood for skirting or finished work as you will need a gun that fires 10m up 50m for that type of work ,
i am a landscape gardener and have 3 guns
paslode 350 for all the heavy work
makita air coil nailer for fencing etc
makita air brad nailer for everything else
my van has a 110 gen built in so i can run the air commpressor of that and i bought a 15mtr air line which serves me well ,
end of the day you get what you pay for

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back