framing wall for plastering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm planning to frame a downstairs wc room along the external wall with 4x2 timber in order to hide the pipework and fit some insulation between the battens as the wall is solid brick with no insulation. The plumping pipework currently drop down in the corner of the room and I'm wondering if it is ok to fit the first vertical stud 3.5 inches in from the corner of the room and keep the incoming pipework in its current location. Plastering by a professional plasterer to follow. Pic attached.

Attachments

• IMG_20170602_182941465.jpg
    IMG_20170602_182941465.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 98
Sponsored Links
Are the (Cu?) plumbing pipes redundant?
Why have they been stopped high up the wall?
Are there any other supplies available in or near the compartment?

There's no need to "make any push fit joints accessible" - millions of such, & similar, fittings have been successfully installed over the last 30 years.

The cu pipes in view are the cold and hot water supply. I previously cut them at that point as the follow on pipework needed to be moved to allow some damp proofing work to take place. They would have had to be eventually moved anyway.

Theres no other suitable place to take a new hot/cold supply. The push fits are there as temporary at the mo. Not made my mind up on going compression/soldered or push fit yet. Had a further think and think it would be best to put an elbow in below the ceiling and take the piping away from the corner of the room a little. Then i'd be able to get s stud in for most of the height of the wall. Its too difficult to move the piping below the floorboards below the bedroom above the wc room to a more suitable position.

Sponsored Links
It might be best to cut near the ceiling, & re-route the pipes to drop down on a clipped pipe board tight to the inside corner.
Sweating the Cu is best practice but compression or push fit is fine.
Use screw cups for the boxing in, & insulate the pipework.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back